Close Brothers Motor Finance is a trading style of Close Brothers Limited (‘CBL’). CBL is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. As a responsible lender we're committed to applying the FCA’s principle of Treating Customers Fairly in all areas of our business activities to achieve the following outcomes:
- Our customers can be confident that they're dealing with a company where the treatment of customers is central to our corporate culture;
- Our products and services are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly;
- Our customers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale;
- Where our customers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances;
- Our customers are provided with products that perform as we have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard;
- Our customers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by us to change a product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
We're also a member of the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA) and follow the FLA Lending Code. This code sets out standards of good practice for the finance industry and provides our customers with reassurance that they're dealing with a reputable organisation.
Read the FLA Lending Code
Entering into a credit agreement with Close Brothers Motor Finance
We work with over 8,000 dealer and brokers partners to offer flexible finance solutions to our customers.
If you enter into a credit agreement with us, we will typically make a payment to the dealer or broker for arranging the finance for you.
At your request, the dealer or broker must disclose the likely, or known, amount they will receive for arranging finance for you.
Should you have a complaint, or if you're dissatisfied in any way, please contact us on 0333 321 6060 and we will either be able to help resolve the issue for you or refer it on to our complaints department on your behalf.
Download our complaints handling procedure for further information.
Complaints relating to Finance agreements and Insurance policies written after 01.01.13 are stated in customer complaints data for Close Brothers Limited.
Complaints relating to Finance agreements and Insurance policies written before 01.01.13 are stated in customer complaints data for Close Motor Finance Limited.