Remote Quote and Apply
The way that vehicles are bought and sold has changed for the foreseeable future, and here at Close Brothers Motor Finance, we want to navigate the ‘new norm’ together by supporting you and your business in continuing to sell vehicles.
- How do I access Remote Quote and Apply?
- The instructional video shows the Codeweavers stock module. Will remote quote work if I don’t have that?
- What happens if a customer decides not to fill in the whole proposal form?
- What happens when a customer submits a proposal form?
- What customer ID is needed and when?
- How do I make sure I don’t inadvertently enter into a distance sale?
- How should I carry out a vehicle handover?
- How do I send and received signed documents if a customer has been accepted for finance?
- Log into Showroom as usual.
- Once you have created a quote for a customer and saved it as normal, click on ‘Email Remote Apply’.
- Select the quotes you would like to email to the customer
- Fill in the customer’s name and email address
- Confirm the customer is happy with us using their data by reading them the text next to the check box
- Click ‘Send Email’ – the email will appear to the customer as though your dealership has sent it, but will contain Close Brothers Motor Finance branding around the finance quote.
Yes, you will be prompted to manually input a registration number as usual to create the quote.
As long as they complete basic contact information, this will be stored in Showroom, allowing you to follow up if necessary. When a customer starts filling in the form, you will be sent an alert by email.
You’ll get an email alert, and you’ll be able to access the completed form in the Proposals tab on Showroom. Please make sure you have a quick read through and check the information before sending on to us.
We are continuing to review our Anti-Money Laundering requirements, but for now we require certified copy ID for all customers before pay-out.
We are also making a courtesy call to all customers to welcome them to Close Brothers Motor Finance and to confirm they have signed their documents and are in possession of their vehicle.
While using this new functionality, we want to make sure you don’t enter a distance sale without realising it, as distance sale agreements come with different regulations, and rights for the customer.
You’ll need to ensure at some point during the sales process, you speak to the customer face to face at your dealership prior to them signing their finance agreement. This can be done in the same visit.
When handing a vehicle over to a customer, it’s important that social distancing and staff protection procedures are in place. You may prefer to deliver the vehicle, as opposed to having the customer visit your dealership, but whatever option you and the customer agree, please do continue to monitor Government guidelines around travel restrictions.
- Your branch will email the documents to you
- Print two copies of all documents
- Ask the customer to sign both
- You retain one copy and give the customer the other to take home
- You should also get a copy of the customer's ID for your records, as usual