We’ll do everything we can to help our partners sell vehicles in a way that follows the latest Government guidelines, including those around social distancing and key workers, plus the latest guidance issued by the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA), click here to read this.*
Can I propose customers to you?
For some, purchasing a vehicle at this time is essential and we wanted to confirm we are still accepting proposals and paying out deals where you identify a customer who needs a vehicle at this current time, including those classified as key workers. If you aren’t already familiar with the Government definition of a ‘key worker’, information can be found here.
How should I maintain ‘social distancing’ when proposing customers or getting paperwork signed?
If a customer needs to purchase a vehicle from you it’s important that you follow Government guidelines throughout the sales process. You can read more about social distancing here.
In addition, you might decide it’s more appropriate to ask customers to physically sign their documents. Here’s how to do this:
- Confirm acceptance with your branch who will email the documents to you
- Print two copies of all documents
- Ask the customer to sign both
- You retain one copy and give the customer the other to take home
- Instead of printing the documents, you can save them to your computer to email these to the customer for them to sign and send back to you
- You should also get a copy of the customer's ID for your records, as usual
Please remember, to ensure you do not inadvertently enter into a distance sale, you’ll need to speak to the customer face to face, whilst observing social distancing, at your dealership prior to them signing their agreement. We will issue some helpful guidance around distance selling soon.
Have you changed the way you’re paying out?
We are continuing to review our AML requirements, but for now we require certified copy ID for all customers before payout, that’s irrespective of whether they have signed electronically through eClick or whether they have physically signed their documents. Please see here for the changes we’ve made.
We are also making a courtesy call to all customers to welcome them to Close Brothers Motor Finance and to confirm they have signed their documents and have their new vehicle.
How should I carry out a vehicle handover?
When handing a vehicle over to a customer, it’s important that social distancing and staff protection procedures are in place. You may prefer to deliver the vehicle, as opposed to having the customer visit your dealership , but whatever option you and the customer agree, please do continue to monitor Government guidelines around travel restrictions, information can be found here.
Where can I find the latest guidance?
- FLA guidance around the movement of vehicles can be found here*
- Details on how to apply social distancing in the workplace can be found here
- For information about Government led travel restrictions click here
- More information about the ID requirements we have can be found here
*Please note, the attached, issued by the FLA on 15 April 2020, is not a direction to members, it simply sets out the approach that can be taken based on current Government guidance.
Back to Dealer Resource Hub