A strong and secure partner when you need it most
We understand this is a challenging time for not only your business, but for our industry as a whole.
We also know that for some customers, buying a new vehicle during these times is still essential. Customers may be looking for their next purchase online, wishing to secure a vehicle you have in stock for collection later. Or, as many businesses - perhaps yours included - begin to re-open, they may now be visiting your forecourt and showroom, assuming the environment is safe for them to do so. Wherever you are in this journey, we're here to help.
We hope that both during, and after the COVID-19 outbreak, you feel reassured about the support offered to you, your business and your customers.
An update on the service we're providing is as below:
- Our usual opening hours apply and we have underwriters working from home and able to review any applications that are sent to us. Like many businesses, we're taking the first steps to return to our offices but will only do so when we're fully confident that it is safe and necessary.
- Several Account Managers are also preparing to return to the road to visit you face to face, with social distancing and safety measures always at the forefront of their minds. If certain Account Managers are unable to visit you, they're still contactable by email and phone.
- Our branch telephony system has been reconfigured to ensure that your calls get answered promptly and finance applications are still underwritten. This may mean you might not always speak to your regional branch team, but your call will be answered by an expert underwriter in our network.
- Our underwriting criteria hasn't changed. We are still writing business, and we have an appetite to lend through the economic cycle.
- Some of the process changes we needed to implement at the start of COVID-19 have now returned to normal. For example, we no longer complete an additional call to confirm the customer had taken delivery of the vehicle, we no longer require hard copy of the ID prior to payout on eClick pass proposals, and we will no longer be completing enhanced security checks on all wet sign documents.
As part of a FTSE 250 company, our financial foundations remain strong. Close Brothers have a prudent and resilient business model which has served us well for many years and through a number of economic cycles. The bank remains in a strong position to continue to lend during, and after this pandemic as we have done throughout our history.
Back to Dealer Resource Hub